Call today to set up an appointment
with our breastfeeding specialist.
Research has shown that there is no better food than breast milk for a baby’s first year of life.
Breastfeeding provides many health, nutritional, economical and emotional benefits to mother
Since a major goal of the WIC Program is to improve the nutritional status of infants, WIC mothers are encouraged to breastfeed their infants.
- WIC mothers choosing to breastfeed are provided information through counseling and breastfeeding educational materials.
- Breastfeeding mothers receive follow-up support through counselors.
- Breastfeeding mothers are eligible to participate in WIC longer than non-breastfeeding mothers.
- Mothers who exclusively breastfeed their infants receive an enhanced food package.
- Breastfeeding mothers can receive breast pumps and encouragement to help support the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about Breastfeeding